Saturday, September 19, 2026

Somebody Make Summer Stay!!

As I hung up my front door wreath that states "Welcome Fall", I sadly realized another summer was coming to an end.  Time to gear up for the gray, rainy weather and the short days.




What's been going on in my world?

Started a new health plan in July to lose weight and quit smoking. So far, I'm down 33 pounds and no longer smoke. Yippee!

Sister Julie stopped by last weekend and showed me how to grow sprouts. I haven't started some yet but plan to soon.

Along with Julie, visited with sis Luna as she was organizing her storage unit. She gifted me two statues that belonged to my grandmother.  I love them!!  They will be treasured!!




Have been browsing Pinterest to see if something sparks my creativity when I ran across the following fashion trends.  Definitely not Diva dressing!!




We went to Jimmy and Lexi's daughter Hazley's 4-year old birthday party. She's so cute.  I picked up a pink fur covered journal and add about 30 of my small paintings to it, labeling each item by name so she can begin learning words and spelling.  Like cow, pig, house, etc. We had to leave the party before gifts were open but apparently the book was a big hit. It was passed around and everyone loved it, which brought a smile to my face!




Picked up a $1.99 resin shell sculpture, painted it, added crystal glass along with vintage jewelry, and it turned out, as Opie would say, mighty fine!



I'm looking forward to this coming Friday when my work team is meeting up in Seattle to have lunch and glassblowing.  Almost two years there and haven't yet met any of my co-workers as we are all remote.  Have never blown glass so excited about it!!

One of my recent relaxers has been playing a jigsaw puzzle app on my phone. Now it has turned into a competitive game where I try to maintain my 1st place standing. This means not only reaching the top spot, but remaining 500+ points ahead so no other player can surpass me!  The competitive, take no prisoners urge is strong in the Shepard blood!

Let's take care of ourselves this coming week as we brave the upcoming onslaught of October and the winter months.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment