Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Weddings and Wisconsin

Diva, Candy, Jordan, Sam and Grandma Arlene
Candy and Jordan
Big and Little Bro
First off, congratulations to my son Jordan and his new wife Candy, who were married on September 4, 2015.  It was a sunny wedding on the banks of Lake Sacajawea where they were surrounded by flowers with the lake fountain in the background.  I've never seen Jordan so happy and I wish both of them many blessings for a loving and long marriage.

On Tuesday, September 8 I departed bright and early for my work trip to Madison, Wisconsin.  Upon arrival, the team met up at home-grown Streckers for dinner, which included a Bloody Boot for me, filled with bloody mary mix and garnished with cheese curds, pepperoni, and pickle, plus I got to keep the boot!!

Bloody Boot
Wednesday brought the group of us together for all day training followed by a big barbecue dinner at the former CEO's house.  There was lobster, grilled ham, chicken, corn, and an abundance of cheese curds! 


Thursday was the golf tournament for our scholarship participants.  Unfortunately the day started off with rain but burned off and became hot enough that our many trips to the margarita and shot holes were worth it.  We drove the cart around to each hole to hob nob with the players then enjoyed a nice dinner buffet before heading back to the hotel that evening.


I made my way home Friday evening, where I was promptly picked up at the airport by Steve who then whisked me off to Cannon Beach to spend time with his family.  I met his aunt, a cousin and her husband, and his sister and her husband - all very friendly and welcoming.  It was a great weekend to kick back, read, and nap.  Steve made salmon chowder for dinner Saturday then on Sunday we had mussels straight from the surf along with halibut fish for dinner.

Now here it is Tuesday and I'm counting the days until my next trip on the 23rd to visit North Dakota with Steve and his parents.  Never been there so looking forward to marking that state off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment