Sunday, July 14, 2019

Kabooms, Cats, Quilts, Candy, and Clothing

July 4th came and went and, as with every year, I enjoyed the fireworks in my neighborhood.  It appeared some broke the bank as the displays rivaled the community fireworks at Lake Sacajawea.




Picked up some cat fabric a couple weeks ago at a second hand shop in downtown Commerce Avenue. It called to me and I just knew I needed to make something for Jordan and/or Candy as they are cat fanatics.  Ended up making a quicky cat quilt for Candy. As always not the neatest but still original. Delivered to her and she was happy with her surprise.



This last weekend babysat Marie's dog Lilly. A month ago due to cancer Lilly was forced to have her leg amputated. I was worried she'd be still healing and under the weather. Boy was I wrong! She pranced around like her old self and has gotten the hang of maneuvering with three legs. Have never seen her happier; I'm sure she is not missing the pain from her cancerous leg.



Recently Steve spent a week at Diamond Lake resort on a guy's trip with his dad, brother, brother-in-law, nephew, and a long-time close friend Greg. Tons of fishing and male bonding. Steve called yesterday to let me know Greg was involved in a car crash and passed away. Shocking news and so unexpected. A blessing Steve was able to spend time with his friend before this untimely event. 😞

Popped over to Target this weekend to pick up prescriptions and I've got a bone to pick! Why are all the cute clothes in the little girls section? Yes admittedly I'm a die-hard glitter fanatic but what's wrong with that? These items would be in my closet if only they came in sizes above 6X!



Final thought - I've been jonesin for a beach trip as it's been too long. Should schedule a vacation to just walk through the sand, listen to ocean waves, and smell the salty air. Anyone else have the beach bug?

No comments:

Post a Comment