Sunday, November 17, 2019

Curtain Conquest

After lounging around this sleepy Sunday, finally took a shower to gain some momentum. And it actually worked!

Marie had picked up some $2.99 fabric at Goodwill and asked me to make some kitchen curtains. Threw my crafty cap on, measured the window, cut the fabric, then sewed. Was 80% done when hit a snag. The back portion of the stitch was clogging and looked horrendous. Had to pull out the bane of my existence - the seam ripper - and remove the curtain hem.

Since it was Marie's sewing machine, had her investigate. The root problem ended up being the bobbin, which coincidentally I had just (incorrectly) filled.  Oops! She fixed it (which required unspooling all the bobbin thread and restringing it) and I was in the curtain business once again.

Finished the curtains, hung them, and voila! Success, meaning they were the correct width and length.  Plus I can mark off my list that I actually accomplished something today!




No comments:

Post a Comment