Sunday, October 16, 2022

Sewing, Needles, and Portugese Spaghetti Weekend

Been too busy with work to do crafting. However, finally took care of a pending sewing project today and it turned out great!

A few months ago picked up a chic leather jacket for $3.99 at Goodwill. Soft, thin leather made in a wrap style. Unfortunately, it was way too big...well, which is actually a good thing but it meant it needed to be tailored.

Took it to the local tailor, she looked it over, and gave me a quote of $100 to downsize. No frickin way was I going to pay that price especially since I could sew it myself!

Two months later finally tackled the job today. Added a seam in back then took in the sleeves and voila! Done!  Will share a pic in the future when I'm dooded up as opposed to my sewing outfit of sweats and Halloween baseball tee.

Like this but black:


Saturday night Manny made homemade spaghetti and it was sooo good. Here he is in action.


Jimmy stores his quad in our garage and today he stopped by to load it back in. Sam and Jimmy's fiancee Lexii's brother Johnny came along for the ride. Turns out it was Johnny's birthday today so Sam decided to dress like him. This is Johnny's normal attire and Sam did a pretty good job matching him.


One of my co-workers told me about a Sonia Kashuk microneedle roller she bought on-line. Our former boss would go in for medical microneedling and swore by it. I found the roller at Target so picked it up and tried it out tonight. Washed and scrubbed my face then ran the needle roller vertically, horizontally, and diagonally across my face. Once done, applied moisturizer and serum. 

My face was lightly red - enough so that Manny wanted to know what happened! After explaining the reason behind stabbing my face with numerous needles, his concern was alleviated (I hope.)

Here's some benefits of the face acupuncture at home treatment:


Why does Monday show up so fast? Enjoy your week!





No comments:

Post a Comment