Friday, September 8, 2023

Dinosaurs, Birds, and Dogs Oh My!

I smell Fall in the air and I'm so sad summer is leaving! 

Last weekend we celebrated little Hazely's first birthday with Jimmy, Lexxi, and her family. Isn't she precious? We gave her a stuffed elephant and blanket; the next day Jimmy text me the following picture saying she just loves it!






Jordan and Candy are reaping their pumpkin crop as shown below. They've promised me one once they get up to a good size.



We stopped at a mini-mart today which recently changed to a Dyno (as in dinosaur) gas station. They actually have a full size Dino so I couldn't resist getting my picture with him. Yes, this is my life now and the type of cheap thrills that drive me! 🤪


Last night the sky was an explosion of color!!



Here are a few recent pics of our nature habitat, also known as our front yard. This week one of our regular Blue Jay's flew over and landed on my crossed foot. He didn't stay long but it was exciting!  Also have a regular hummingbird who frequently flies close to me and hangs in the air as if to say Good Morning. The birds and squirrels are definitely giving me Snow White vibes.






We have now become animal feeders and watchers. We've got three birdbaths, a bird feeder, hummingbird feeder, and we frequently sit outside and toss peanuts in the front yard for the Blue Jay's and squirrels. We also find ourselves peering out the living room window to count the number of pigeons feeding on the seed we toss under a tree (the high so far has been about 20) and we delight in watching all the birds having a pool party in the birdbath.  There is something so relaxing about communing with the animals and finding amusement in the way they behave.  We've learned Blue Jay's are fearless, sparrows can eat double their weight in seed, pigeons are pigs but panic-stricken and flee at a moment's notice,  and squirrels are just the sweetest rodents you ever hope to meet. 

On to crafts! After seeing and saving some creations on-line, I finally made a couple of acorn people. Pretty tiny but fun to make; after practice they should turn out more to my standards.



Picked up a 50% off tall lamp at Goodwill for $5. Removed the wiring, added a glass platter, and voila! A new birdbath.



Big hugs out to my Lil sis Erin who just lost her faithful dog Scout. So traumatizing to lose a furry member of the family. I remember when my 17-year old dog Buddy passed and it was just agonizing. I have a picture of him and try not to look at it as the memory of him pulls on my heartstrings.  Rest in peace Scout - you will be missed!






No comments:

Post a Comment