Sunday, November 5, 2023

Flat Tires, Gray Skies, and Birds

These gray skies and rainy days are not good for my disposition!  


After getting a cold while I was on vacation in September, ended up getting another worse one last week! Congestion, coughing, headache - even had to take a sick day from work for it. Super bummed that my cold prevented me from participating in the Halloween shenanigans!!

On top of that, got a flat tire on I-5 as I drove Sam to the Castle Rock park-n-ride in the early morning for work. Put on two new front tires in May and now the time had come to put two new ones on the back. Thankfully my insurance includes roadside assistance; however, the service truck (coming from Kelso, a 10-minute drive to Castle Rock) was going to take 90 to 120 minutes!! WTH?!  Sam would of changed it but the spare was jerryrigged stuck in the back and there was no jack. Thankfully he stayed with me, the service rig finally arrived and we were back on the road. Had two new tires installed a couple of days later.

Despite the rainy weather, we've continued to feed our birds and squirrels. My pigeon friend Mildred let's me pet her on the regular and has even let me pick ?

her up a few times. Couple kf the blue jays have landed on my knee to day hello and even a little bird flew over and landed on my elbow as my arms were crossed just to say hello.  Pretty darn cute!





Even though my cold has kept me sweaty and stuffy, I've pulled through for a few crafts.







November is here so Happy Birthday to both Mom and bestie Lynn in Heaven. 



Let's all hang in there this week and try to adjust to the time change. And can somebody grab me the bottle of Nyquil???

No comments:

Post a Comment