Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Panama and Posters

Recently ran across a couple of vintage, foreign objects that may be just worth something.

While digging through my coin purse (mainly to weed out the back-breaking amount of pennies) I stumbled across what originally looked like a nickel but different.  Grabbed my cheaters to look closely and discovered it was a 1970 Panama coin that had somehow made its way to me!  Googled my piece of treasure and discovered it was worth about $50!!  Gave it to Jordy for Christmas as that's his type of gift.



As I've recently shared, I stumbled upon a local antique shop - The Rusty Flea. During my digging I ran across a vintage, bull-fighting large mounted poster. Manny often reflects on growing up in Portugal where each year during festival he would attend the running of the bulls events. Didn't purchase the picture at that time but kept thinking about it in my head. Decided to pay another visit to the Flea and thankfully it was still there. Handed over $15 then wrapped up the picture for Christmas.

Yesterday he unwrapped his bull art and loved it.  Once again I decided to investigate it's worth. Google shows similar vintage posters going from $100 all the way up to $4,000!


Cheers to unexpected treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment