Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sunflower Surprise

After being off from work on Tuesday, I walked into my office Wednesday morning to see the unexpected sight of.....sunflowers!  What a sweet surprise!  They were swaddled in clear plastic and placed in a glittery bow-wrapped vase filled with blue baubles and water.  When I unwrapped the flowers to place in the vase, I saw a handwritten note attached to the bouquet, which read:
I'm so thankful because you are a very nice and thoughtful person.  I'm so appreciative.

 
Wow!  The flowers were from an employee for whom I had recently counseled and given advice.  Not only did they put a smile on my face, but they brightened up my office!  I had a busy Wednesday catching up on work from Tuesday, but each time I looked at those sunflowers, the day didn't seem quite so rainy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment