Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Lorax

Well, it's that time of year again at work when they hold the pumpkin painting contest.  Employees paint a pumpkin then they are located in the lobby where guests can vote on them.  The winning pumpkin artist receives $100!   At first I was going to have Sam paint his infamous Batman on my pumpkin; however, when he backed out I was forced to do the dirty work myself. 

Last year I painted a rather creepy Frankenstein.  I discovered that the popular vote goes to cartoon characters such as Sponge Bob, Nemo, or Dumbo.  After searching the Internet, I decided on Dr. Seuss's The Lorax......seemed easy enough.  As always, it wasn't.

After working almost two hours on the thing, this is the final product.  Sam, the artist, gave his critique, which wasn't exactly glowing.  However, when Jordan walked through the door and said "Why is there the Lorax painted on a pumpkin?" it reaffirmed my pumpkin painting self-esteem.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

My Model


My results

Better add a caption in case anyone is confused

No comments:

Post a Comment