Sunday, September 15, 2013

Surprises, Shower, and Spock

Last weekend was The Great Gatsby and this weekend was Star Trek.  After working with Sam to groom Stubbs, I was happily  surprised when Michael showed up Friday night.  We spent the evening watching the new Star Trek movie, which was action-packed. 

Saturday I attended the baby shower for my friend Shannon's daughter Mariah.  Also in attendance was my friend Lisa along with her daughter Ashley, who is also expecting.  Mariah graduated with Jordan and Ashley with Sam so I was definitely feeling the passage of time.  It seems just yesterday they were all in grade school and now they are having families.  It was awesome to see Shannon and catch up on old times.  We promised to get together soon in order to finish talking.  It's been way too long.

Departing the shower, I ran home to grab my man then we booked to hairstylist Abbie's to get my hair colored and trimmed.  While my color processed, Michael snuck in and had Abbie trim his hair, which turned out sharp.  Returning home, we barbecued chicken for dinner then hit the hay.

Michael in the hair hot seat!
This morning, after listening to thunder outside, I made blueberry muffins.  I then hit Walmart for some autumn accents for the front porch. I picked up a mum planter along with three white pumpkins, which look festive on the porch entrance.  I made a pit stop at the craft store for a couple more items then made my way home where I watched the 2009 Star Trek while making deviled eggs.  Both movies gave numerous references that harkened back to TV Star Trek episodes.  Tonight after Michael left for home, Sam and I watched the newest episode of Breaking Bad. Only two episodes left before this series bids adieu forever.

The end of my weekend has now culminated with newly shorn Stubbs sitting on my lap while I channel surf between Iron Chef and the Seahawks game.  I'm looking forward to work this week; due to the annual shutdown, we will be able to wear jeans to work.  Along with that bonus, my week will end on Wednesday then Thursday morning Michael and I will make our way for a mini-vacation to Seattle.  Life is good!!

Lovely fall moon this past weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment