Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What's In Store Next?

It’s apparent that I’m embarking on a new chapter of my life as the signs are all in front of me.  Turning 50 was a big one.  Jordan leaving the nest and moving to Nebraska in May/June, getting a job, his license, a car and becoming a full-fledged adult.  Beginning then ending my relationship with Michael in the worst way possible, grieving for a man who was such a large part of my life.  And now Sam, my youngest, moved out last night with his buddy into a rental home.  This leaves me an empty nester, alone except for my little pup.  

It’s been 21 years since I’ve put someone else’s needs ahead of my own; actually, 26 if you count my first husband.  It’s been a long time since I’ve been responsible only for myself – no one at home to care for, to look out for, to help, to solve problems.  It’s just me now, which takes some getting used to and is kind of scary.

Perhaps it’s time for thought and meditation on this new chapter of my life.  Do I remain in this house?  Trade it in for a smaller house or even apartment?  Move closer to my work…perhaps to a bigger city?  Investigate jobs elsewhere?  The thought of leaving an oversized home for a smaller dwelling is definitely appealing to me.  Get rid of the upkeep and downsize my housing responsibilities – no lawn, no home repair, and only rent to pay.  Sounds appealing.


There’s a lot to think about for the next steps in my life.  The pages are beginning to turn and I’m eager to find out what’s in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment