Saturday, July 11, 2015

Cold and Cannon Beach

Time flies when one is sick and on vacation!  Two weeks ago the dreaded cold bug sidelined me for a week. Not only was it a cold but a monstrous cold sore erupted on my lip....ugh!  The timing was off but following my absence from work for being sick, Steve and I went to Cannon Beach for a week.

Our trip was glorious!  Sunny, warm weather, sandy beach, and plenty of time to relax.  We ate salmon and dungenous crab, toured the Oregon  Coast Aquarium, played miniature golf for the first time in my life (and got a hole in one!), bumper cars, kite flying, outlet shopping, and ended our trip visiting with his parents, who arrived the day before our departure.

For the 4th, we first went to the Manzanita viewpoint to watch the fireworks; however, it wasn't that great if a show due to the distance so we returned home.  The neighbors shot off a ton of awesome fireworks and we had a front row seat on the deck.  It was an incredible icing on the cake for our trip.  Also, it was the longest amount of time we spent together and I'm happy to report we are both still alive.

The best part of the trip is the house was still standing when I arrived home!

I also got to visit with my big brother Jay, who was at his shop in Cannon Beach.  It was definitely an awesome trip and I can't wait to return.









No comments:

Post a Comment