Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Comedy to Crafting


Last week I actually had a date this year for the annual company party.  Steve was able to make it; he saw where I work, met all my co-workers, and had a great time at the party.  He was actually the comedic relief for the party – he kept us in stitches!  In fact videos were taken of Steve in action but they will not be posted here for fear of retribution!!
 
The weekend following the party I celebrated my 52nd birthday.  Yee haw.  It was the last weekend of duck hunting so we will be celebrating my birthday this coming weekend when we spend Friday and Saturday in Tacoma, dinking around before attending the Black Sabbath concert.  Not my cup of tea but it will be an adventure.  I’ve got a new Ozzy tee shirt and faux leather leggings to wear so I’m set.

 For my birthday I spent the day crafting.  The other day at work the crew was tearing down some styrofoam.  There was a perfectly square piece sitting in the garbage waiting to be compacted into the bin and it called to me.  I pondered.  I waited.  I deeply thought about what kind of project I could make out of that &*#* piece of plastic.  I couldn’t stand it and right before the garbage was dumped I grabbed that sucker out of the bin and took it home.  I spent Saturday debating ideas about what to do with that piece of foam.  I ended up using an old book and some old ribbon to make a piece of wall art.  I mod podged the foam with torn book pages, then additional book pages were rolled into cones and glued to the covered foam board.  An amusing from the back of a Wizard of Oz book cover, glued to cardboard, was placed in the middle and leftover sparkly red ribbon was coiled and placed inside a few of the rolled cones (a play off of ruby red slippers.)  I’d have to say it turned out pretty sweet for something that cost nothing.
 
Now here it is almost the middle of week, which is even shorter since I’m using a vacation day for Friday.   



No comments:

Post a Comment