Monday, February 8, 2016

Sabbath, Smelt and Sparkle

This past weekend Steve and I packed in about three weeks of activities into three days.  Now that duck hunting season is over (finally!!!) we may just be able to see each other more often than we have over the last three months.  However, as he would say I've survived another duck season (my second) so the future looks bright for us!!

Friday Steve took me to Parkers in Castle Rock for a belated birthday dinner.  As always food was great with plenty of left-overs.

In search of smelt
Saturday we were up and at 'em for the annual smelt dip in the Cowlitz River.  We first hit Steve's favorite place, stepmom Arlene's house in Castle Rock.  Unfortunately, no smelt to be seen.  We then drove back to my neck of the woods in Lexington where I pulled on an extra pair of Steve's boots to hike over the dike and dip smelt.  The place was crowded!!  Fortunately there was a very nice family from Russia who let us sneak in next to them.  Steve manned the dipping then maneuvered the net to me where I dumped the fish.  It took maybe an hour for us to fill up the bucket and top out our limit.  And yes, once again Steve had suck down a few eggs from the female smelt he caught...blech!!!

Found 'em!
Returning to my home, we then got cleaned up, packed, and hopped in the car to Tacoma, after first grabbing a latte for the road at Dutch Bros.  We checked in at Shiloh Inn, ate lunch at Elmer's (where they forgot my dinner salad), then Steve took a nap in our room while I ventured out to get my nails done (pink and sparkly.)

Returning back to our room, it was time to begin the makeover process to become a rock-n-roll girl for the Black Sabbath concert that night (Steve's Christmas present from me.)  I piled on the black eye makeup, bronzer, and pink lips then went to town teasing my hair.  I had some serious height going on my mop!!  Slipped on my faux-leather leggings, Ozzy shirt, and Converse tennis shoes and I was ready to rock!  The night before I actually changed up the boring, black, short-sleeve concert tee by making it a V-neck, adding cuffed sleeves, and slashing the back a few times.  This girl knows how to dress for the occasion and my restructured tee was perfect for the concert.

Teasin like Texas
Taking a cab to Tacoma Dome, we had to walk two blocks due to the traffic congestion.  We then stood in line before making our way into the dome to find our seats.  The opening no-name band was blah but the seats were packed and screaming when Ozzy and crew made their way to the stage.  And he could actually move- no walker, no wheelchair - impressive.  I think I recognized one song but of course everyone else along with Steve knew the words to the band's songs but I was never a big listener of them.  The arena smelled of pot big time and we could see people all around us tokin the weed.  While of course I didn't partake of that, I did drink a healthy dose of Yukon Jack prior to the concert so I was feeling no pain. 

Rock On Dudes!!!

When the concert was over, we ventured outside to find a cab.  No luck even finding the taxi section; we ended up in the Uber pick up area so I talked one driver's customers into letting us tag along so we could return to our hotel after they were dropped off.  Arriving back to our hotel, we then made our way to Shari's for a late night dinner, where they too forgot to bring me my dinner salad.  Must of been in the air that day!!

All in all it was a fabulous, memorable night.  Can't wait to see what is next in store for us - perhaps a concert of my choosing????

No comments:

Post a Comment