Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Change is in the Air

As always busy at work but did have one accomplishment this week that really tickled me pink!

We've had a process that takes forever to accomplish. We have to create a document, PDF it, open it, open another PDF document, attach it, save it, then manually email it to each client.  By simply attaching a document to the required form, it would remove all of those steps and be quickly electronically distributed. When asking about this last year, was told there were too many obstacles to doing this, IT won't let us, and it's always been done this way.


Well, I took this as a challenge! I was determined not to repeat the time waster process from last year!  Asked one of the big bosses about it, then pursued it with IT.  And guess what? We are now able to attach the document which will significantly reduce the time we spend distributing the forms. Like press of a button compared to the lengthy manual process. This made me so happy!!  It's not just improving the process but succeeding in a task that I knew could be done that gives me a thrill.  Hmmm, perhaps it boils down to the fact I always think I'm right so there's some underlying psychological condition that demands I prove it. Deep I know!



Moving on, due to no cable ended up following the Oscars via Internet updates. Coincidentally, just finished watching The Joker this last weekend so agreed with the Academy's choice of Joaquin Phoenix for Best Actor. Watching his acceptance speech, cannot believe the man has gray hair. Wasn't it just yesterday he was a little boy in Parenthood?  (Actually, was in 1989 - 31 years ago!)



Speaking of gray, my roots are coming in so it's time to dye my hair. Was toying with the idea of making a change. Maybe lighter blonde or even some pastel pink subtle highlights.  What do you think?? (The color - not the cuts.)


Have been scouring Pinterest for not only hair color but updos to tame my longer hair. Here are a few recent styles. Have actually done the faux hawk a few times along with the bun on top/hair down in back style.  And I don't give a rat's ass if these are not "50 and Older" recommended styles. A true diva does what she wants with her hair - rules be damned!








No comments:

Post a Comment