Saturday, February 15, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020 in the Books

Valentine's Day 2020 turned out to be a red letter day.

Left for work early as it was my turn to provide Friday treats. Went with a pink theme - strawberry milk, yogurt, cupcakes, etc. Picked up a stuffed bear with box of chocolates to use as a raffle prize (yes, I'm unable to resist the HR in me when it rises its head!)

After unloading the pink bounty in the breakroom, walked over with coworkers to snag a latte. Tried coconut latte with almond milk. Good but strong - so strong I didn't fall asleep Friday night until about 1am.

As a thank you, our account manager decided to take my partner in crime at work, Pam, and I out to lunch. We were leaving when the receptionist said I had received a visitor- a man. She thought we had already left and told him so; he said he would return.

During lunch grilled Steve to see if it was him - it was smelt dipping in the Cowlitz so you never know. He said nope so I proceeded to ponder who my visitor might have been.

Walking back to the office who'd parked rig do I see but Steve's! A-Ha!  Came inside and there he sits with a big bouquet of Rose's just for me. And he didn't even go smelt dipping! He made a trip from Portland with the sole purpose of making me feel special. It worked!



When I arrived home there awaited another surprise - Marie had bought me a raspberry brownie cake!  Haven't sneaked a piece yet but it looks awfully tasty!

On this Saturday morning I got up, grabbed the dog, then went to Walmart for groceries. I'm playing with the idea of eating like a vegetarian or even vegan. The more I read and see, the more sense a plant-based diet makes. Therefore, grabbed a bunch of produce, brown rice, and beans to see where this goes.

After grocery store hit the car wash as the SUV was filthy. So filthy my hands would become dirty when I opened the door. Stubbs found the experience quite exciting and let the car wash workers know exactly how he felt by barking, snapping, and snarling.

Free vacuum token came with wash so vacuumed the rig, wiped down the inside and gave it a squirt of Glade Cinnamon Cedars spray. Much better.

Now here I sit at the hairdresser's freshening up my do.  Tonight Marie and I are attending a play in downtown Longview and my grays will not be making an appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment