Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother's Day 2021

It's been an interesting Mother's Day this year.

This morning ran over to get a drive by Covid test as I'm due for a nighttime followup at the sleep clinic on Wednesday. Masked up and stopped by a friend's mom's house to see if she was able to have her signature notarized. She was recently diagnosed with cancer and it has been moving quickly. Unfortunately, she hadn't noted a beneficiary on her pension which needed to be notarized. Sadly, she was not strong enough to sign her name and was not lucid so legally I was unable to witness her signature.  I held her hand, told her Happy Mother's Day, and drove home wallowing in tears as it was so sad.

Since I'm supposed to be quarantining following my shot, I've spent the rest of my day watching movies and painting rocks. Sam is supposed to take me to dinner but I may just have him deliver it for us to share at the house.

As always, this day reminds me of Mom. Miss you as always!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment