Monday, August 9, 2021

Repurposed Piano Rolls

Last time I was visiting sis Erin she gifted me several piano rolls.  Growing up we had a player piano and it was so much fun playing it and singing with Mom, who was an excellent singer.  Piano is gone but I wanted to figure out a creative use for the rolls.


After scouring Pinterest for inspiration, decided to clip frameable portions from the rolls and add drawings related to the particular song. My first one was "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio. Of course Jiminy Cricket had to be up front and center!  Remember - these are piano rolls so you read from the bottom up.


That one turned out so well I made a few more using songs from "Fiddler On The Roof."





I opened up one roll titled "The Sunny Side of the Street"; however, to my surprise it held "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown."  Currently using my thinking cap to come up with appropriate art to decorate this roll snippet.

Fun to add another outlet to my crafting bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment