Wednesday, November 10, 2021

The Beach Restoreth My Soul

Couple of weeks ago started an art project for Sam. I knew he wanted a painting with black, gray, and red. Pondered what to do then ended up sculpting a bat symbol on the three part canvas with joint compound. Once dry, did a pour paint on it. Turned out awesome. Dropped it off to his place last week and he loved it. Looks perfect on the wall behind his TV.

Joint compound step

Finished product!


Last week went through a few sleepy days. Felt fine in the morning then became so drowsy while trying to work. After three days of this discovered it was due to a new allergy medicine I started taking in the morning - Zyrtec. Now saving that drug to go with my Benydryl to use one at night as needed!

Went to Cannon Beach this past weekend to attend a baby shower. Rode and stayed with sis Julie and met up with sis Erin. So much fun! Definitely schizophrenic weather - sunny, then sprinkles, on to heavy rain and hail, then back to sunny. At least we were able to visit the beach a few times.

Julie and I stayed at the Tolovana Inn. I'd never stayed there before but it was perfect. Right near the beach, fireplace in the room, and across the street from a grocery store. Ideal hotel for a longer stay.


We took a quick stroll on the beach Saturday night, mainly so I could gather up painting rocks. Rainy so I pulled up my hood and Julie, who forgot her hat,, rolled her turtleneck over her head like a babushka!!  

Early Sunday morning met up with Erin and took a longer hike - with no rain! Of course I was in treasure hunting mode and was in luck. Up by the rocks away from the surf I found an old porthole window along with a barnacle shell. Score!!









My porthole find!




Had to add a torch as Erin's posed screamed out for it!


Fiddled around, stopped at Warrenton Goodwill, then arrived home around noon. Such a good time!

Happy birthday to my bestie Lynn along with the older set of twins Jay and Julie. Hard to believe we are inching up on the middle of November!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment