Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sister, Statue, and Sand

Blessed to have another sibling visit this past weekend.  Sis Julie swung by on Saturday, saw the new pad, and took me to lunch at Applebee's.  Hadn't been there in quite some time; food was good but after she dropped me off to head home, I ended up with bathroom issues which went on for several hours. This may explain why I've not been there of late.  Even had half a burger left that is going to the trashola as I'm not risking that side effect again.


Julie gave me a sweet Valentine card and I gave her a sign I remastered.  Picked it up last year and finally got around to painting it, including quilt squares around the border.


Rest of the weekend was spent cleaning, organizing, and crafting, including sorting out my jewelery which had been lumped into a bag during the move.  Also cleaned out a closet which was beginning to be the catch all for everything.

And crafting, of course.

  • Dug a statue head out of the garage and transformed her into a shell goddess for the front window box. Discovered the window box has become my  sand stress reliever as I find myself moving shells, rocks, and glass around in search of the penultimate design.



  •  Painted an acrylic pour canvas on Friday; after it dried glued on gold leaf then hung it above the TV.



  • Did a pour paint on a vase and waiting for it to dry.
  • Freshened up a Beach sign and hung it on the front gate. 

  • Submitted my five haikus for the annual haikufest.  The poem organizer contacted me as there weren't enough syllables in a couple of my haikus.  Did you know fire is just one syllable? Maybe for southerners saying "far."  The theme this year was Chinese Zodiac. The following are my best efforts:

      The Zodiac states

      A fire breathing Dragon lives

      Within my shy soul


      Chinese Zodiac

      Surely I'm a fierce Tiger

      Alas, just a Pig 


      He is a Dragon

      Thinks he exhales blazing fire

      It's simply bad breath 


Year of the Tiger

Open your sharp snarl wide and

Swallow Covid whole 


Dragons chase the storm

Ride the mist and churn sea waves 

Fortune on their side


And that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment