Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Day of May and Kleenex!

Happy May Day!!  Back in my youth, the elementary school teachers would have us all prepare a floral arrangement for our mother's.  We would then arrive at home, place them at the front door, ring the bell, then hide.  The vivid memories of my mother exclaiming her surprise and happiness at finding the surprise flowers are embedded in my mind.  She was just as surprised when her seventh child delivered May Day flowers as when she received flowers from her first born. 

Unfortunately, May flowers brings about spring allergies, which hit me full force this morning.  Sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes....arrrggg!!!  Work was fine, including learning that a trip to Wisconsin will soon be in my future.   Thankfully my boss let me skip out a little early because my allergies had just drained me.  After stopping at Walmart for a few groceries then Target for a prescription, I arrived home and thought "what's the best way to fight allergies?  Mow the lawn!"

Yep, pulling out the lawnmower I made quick work of the front yard, saving the back for one of the other adults in the house.  Although my allergies are still in place, mowing the yard took my mind off my blocked sinus passages. 

Here's to many more sunny, spring days ahead that will hopefully be allergy-free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment