Friday, May 17, 2013

Bring On the Cheese!!

This Friday night I'm doing laundry, painting my nails, and getting organized for my trip on Sunday to.....Wisconsin!  While it's not a trip to the Bahamas, it's still a nice getaway albeit for work.  My flight takes off from Portland at a very early 6:55am; I'll be staying in Wisconsin until Thursday evening, which is actually Jordan's 20th birthday!  Following my return, I will be blessed with not one, not two, but four whole days off to recuperate and relax before returning to work after Memorial Day. 

Yesterday we celebrated Sam's successful senior presentation, which earned him 59/60 points!  After work today I swung by and picked up his printed pictures so my days off will also be spent stuffing, addressing and mailing his graduation announcements - with his help, of course!

I'm so close to having fulfilled my motherly role - to have my two sons graduate from high school and begin their adult lives - that I'm bursting with pride.  There have been fun times, there have been trying times yet all times have been filled with love.   As a single mom who had to shoulder all of the responsibility to raise these two young men, I'm pretty proud of myself as well.  


1 comment:

  1. You should be proud of yourself Alicia!! You've done a great job raising Jordan & Sam. They are wonderful young men (nephews!!). You shine through them, anyone can see that! Great job!!
    xoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete