Sunday, November 24, 2013

Smorgasbord Summary for Sunday

Friday night involved perusing Pinterest for manicure ideas.  Here's what I duplicated; oh, nails are such a fun canvas for art.


Saturday involved car shopping.  Son with license but no car....what to do?   We had been tossing around the idea of buying him a cheap used car, then we looked at better used cars, which would involve a car loan, and then the thought came that perhaps I should get a new car and he could use my Kia. This turned into a trip, with kids in two, to Vancouver Dick Hannah yesterday morning to peruse a new vehicle.

Took one for a test spin then sat down to work out the details. Ugh….I just do not care for car salesmen and their process. I channeled my Michael and his straight-forward attitude, taking to heart we were discussing my money. After a few back and forth discussions, then being tag-teamed by the salesman and the financial dude, I finally broke. I told them I’d think about it and come back if I continued to be interested. The salesman asked if it was because I didn’t trust their discounts or him; I replied it was a little of both. Gathering my purse and my “bodyguards”, I thanked the salesman and we departed. Speaking with Michael later, it was clear his original advice to me that Sam needs a cheap used car rather than allowing him to drive my new Kia was a much better plan.  Lesson learned and I'm committed to taking his practical advice rather than letting my stubbornness get in the way of being smart!

After the dealership ordeal, we ate lunch at Red Robin then hit Vancouver Mall for some browsing. I’ve been looking for a nice pair of leather knee high boots; unfortunately, due to my rather large and muscular calves, it’s hard to find a pair that will zip up past my ankles! Many, many years ago I purchased a very nice pair of cognac brown leather boots at Nordstrom, which I simply adored, so my first stop was there. I was pleasantly surprised to see tons of reduced, clearance boots available, including wide-calf models. After trying on four pairs, my selection was an Ecco pair of leather boots with buckles.

Women's Printed Crew-Neck SweatersMy final stop was at Old Navy, where I picked up a cute sweater along with a clearance-priced sweatshirt with rhinestone trim. Locating Sam and Jordan, we then departed the mall and made our way for home.

This morning sister Julie sent me a cute picture of her newly colored hair. It was the first time she had a “weave”, which turned out great! Really brings out her blue eyes!!! You are fabulous Jube!!! Speaking of hair, today may take me back to the salon to get my asymmetrical bob trimmed. The longer side just seems too heavy so a minor clip job is in order.

That’s it for my weekend before Thanksgiving!!! Have a fabulous Sunday Divas!!!


Lookin good Sis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment