Friday, November 1, 2013

Good Fairy and Goblins

Another Halloween has come and gone.  There was a potluck at work to celebrate, so my dish was "finger cookies"....meaning actual fingers.  Well, shortbread fingers colored a ghoulish purple, smudged with red frosting, and capped off with an almond fingernail.  Not only were they apropos for the day but darn tasty as well!

In the spirit of the day, I just couldn't resist putting my costume on to have some fun.  This year, after piecing together a sequined dress, Goodwill gown, white gloves, and crown, my transformation into the Fairy Godmother was complete.  The piece de resistance was a Cinderella wand picked up from Target, which lit up and  made a lilting "bling" when the button was pushed.  I was in my element driving my co-workers crazy with that noisy little wand!

Arriving home, the trick or treaters began arriving around 5:30.  Michael kept me company as I passed out goodies to the kids.  It's odd the new habits children now have.....some wanted to put their hands in the bowl themselves; some asked for the candy they liked, rather than receiving what was given; several kids as well as parents had extra bags for "the child at home"; and, after being given candy, some even stood there and looked at me as if to say "hey, that wasn't enough....give me more!"  Although the weather was nice, there weren't as many trick or treaters as last year.  Around 8:30 the crowd died down, we turned off the porch light, and went to bed.


Me and my wand!




No comments:

Post a Comment