Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Years and Nails

Another weekend winding down.  Friday after grocery shopping, I spent the evening watching The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.  Not a bad movie but clearly laying the groundwork for movie number three.  A couple of items caught my eye.  The scarf Jennifer Lawrence wears is fabulous with a capital F.  It's kind of like a sweater that has been chopped up - one arm removed, sliced at a diagonal, and shortened.  Would be easy to create....if I had a sweater to match the look.  Will have to dig through my closet.

The second look that Elizabeth Banks wore reminded me soooo much of Christian Sirano's Project Runway haute couture dress.  Same ruffling, same layering.  She must have a wonderful time wearing all of those bizarre outfits, wigs, and makeup.

On Saturday I cruised to see my Michael.  I surprised him at dialysis then we did some running around all day before stopping at home to get ready for dinner.  On our first date we met at McGrath's fish house so we decided to recreate the moment.  We were even seated in the same section as during our first date and I even think we had the same waitress as two years ago!  Of course we had to share some crab cakes - not bad but they did not beat our favorite crab cakes from Cannon Beach.

After dinner we headed back to Michael's to watch New Year's Eve, one of those $5 specials from Walmart.  It was cute - directed by Gary Marshall with same sort of plot line as Valentine's Day. It was a nice end to a lovely evening.

This morning Michael surprised me with breakfast in bed.  We then watched Gravity together before I made a dash to Kmart to pick up some meds for my man, who is battling cold and congestion.  Of course during my visit a pair of cute clearance burgundy booties caught my eye so those made their way home with me.

Got home, finished a salad for lunch, kicked the kids in to high gear to clean the kitchen, and now I'm simply chilling as I watch Chopped.  I'm also fighting the urge to get another set of acrylic nails.  My poor little nails are so short and stubby....I love me some fake nails but don't love how damaging they are to my own nails.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment