Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscar and Veggies

Today wrapped up another fabulous weekend with my Michael, which included watching Gravity - good flick.  We finished off our time together with breakfast at Elmer's this morning, where I had one of my favorites - veggie omelet.  Heading home, I stopped by Goodwill in Salmon Creek to see if there were any bargains.  Needing groceries, my next stop was at Albertson's next door, where I loaded up on fruits and veggies.  I've been focused on eating more healthily so that means more green and less white, i.e., sugar, bread, and starch.

In order to save time, when I arrived home I chopped up all the veggies so they would be handy when it was time to make a salad, stir fry veggies or my new favorite, veggie omelet.  Michael gave me a big supply of plastic storage containers he wasn't using; they were perfect for my veggie organization.



The weekend is now coming to a close and the highlight is tonight's Oscars!!! One of my most favorite events!! It's a bummer I'm missing The Walking Dead but hey, it can be watched later via On Demand.  The Oscars also gave me time to paint both my fingernails and toenails, which were sad indeed.  I have to say Ellen DeGeneres is sooo funny!!!   I haven't chuckled like this in a long time during an Oscars ceremony.  Now I'm just waiting for the big cry-fest when they run the In Memoriam clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment