Monday, July 7, 2014

Bonding, Bathtub, and Bathing Beauty

July 4th this year was special because it was the first time since March that I've spent the night in the same room as my love Michael.  Friday we enjoyed the holiday together where we were able to visit, relax, eat dinner together, and snooze (although in different beds) all night long.  While my bed was acceptable, it was plastic.  This meant waking up in the middle of the night with my back glued with sweat to the bed...ugh.  It was an experience and really made me proud of Michael as he endures this environment day in and day out. It's rough but we are praying he will soon his regain his strength so he can make it home.

Arriving home Saturday there was enough time for me to hit the gym for about an hour.  Sunday found me rising early to tackle cleaning my room and hanging up clothes then performing some deep cleaning on my bathroom, including the tub/shower.  It was gross and seriously needed some work for quite some time.  The small aquarium was next, which was cleaned then, with some trepidation, I moved my hefty algae eater into the larger aquarium.  He seems to be settling in just fine and will have much more room to roam.

I then cleaned and vacuumed the car, gassed it up, stopped at Target, then ran my auto through the car wash.  Arriving home, my next goal was to mow the front yard; instead, I watched Chopped on TV and took a nap, which was so worth it.  Refreshed, I mowed the yard, weeded, rearranged a few lawn items, cleaned out and set up the front fountain, then hung up my bathing beauty wind sock.

Back inside, the kitchen was next and finally, it was time to paint my nails to prepare for Monday.  I'm ready for my sunny, warm, and fabulous week - are you??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment