Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Day for Driftwood

Yesterday after work I quickly changed my clothes into shorts and a tee to head over to Willow Grove in search of driftwood.  Lots of driftwood projects on Pinterest and those grabbed my attention as my next crafting project. What better way to pick up supplies but free at the river?

 As I made my way there my gas light came on so darn it had to stop for gas.

Next stop was Walmart to pick up a glue gun.  Been working with Elmers but that just wouldn't work with wood. I ran in, grabbed the gun and glue sticks along with a few 50 cent bottles of Beach Blue paint, and made my way to the self checkout line.  Almost done, reached for my wallet and....nothing.  Forgot my wallet in the car after getting gas.  Arrgggg!!!

Ran out to the car, ran back in, paid, and made my way to the river.  It was getting noticeably cooler and windy at that point.  Why did I not bring a sweatshirt?

The river was awesome with the exception of the wind whipping my hair in all directions along with the goosebumps due to the chill factor and 10 degree drop in temp.  But the sun was shining and in the end my bag was filled to full with driftwood.  There were a few pit stops on my way to the beach but it was worth the trip.

Aside from painting a few sand dollars from my Cannon Beach collection last night, the commencement of my glue gun driftwood projects won't start until this weekend.  Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment