Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Burritos, Bible, and Birthday

The last few weeks have been much filled with new activities.  Along with my standard routine of commute and work, I also threw into the mix church, women’s Bible study on Tuesdays, and crafting collage pictures.  It’s been a long time since I indulged my crafting side and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.  Tearing and gluing pieces of paper of all things seems to be the relaxing outlet for which I’ve been searching.


 
A big shout out to son Jordan, who turned 23 on May 23.  Last Saturday Sam and I drove to Portland to meet up with him and Candy at the Burrito House, a Mexican restaurant famous for its family size burrito as well as its “dough balls” – little pieces of fried bread into which you squirt a dollop of honey.  I passed on the honey but the bread was good.  Jordan and Candy insisted we order the family burrito, a half chicken and half beef burrito stuffed to the brim and surrounded by a bed of Spanish rice.  The size of it made quite the table presentation.  It was so big there were even leftovers. 

 
My next project involves a child’s chair which had been tossed into the garbage can at work.  I happened to be outside by the cans when a manager tossed the chair into the garbage bin.  It’s a perfectly good chair but it was fairly scratched up.  I pondered a possible project in my mind before deciding that I should snatch it up from the dumpster and figure out a creative project to make it new again.  We shall see what the future brings for this little chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment