Sunday, January 28, 2018

Hibernation and Random Thoughts

I've been hibernating like a bear this weekend! Lots of movies, although I did take a break to take the bathroom garbage outside and clean the kitchen.  This morning I actually took a shower, put on makeup, did my hair, then promptly dressed in sweats!  My creative urges have not hit me and the only cultural activity into which I've immersed has been a marathon of Astaire and Rogers classics. 

All this downtime has encouraged Web surfing and random thoughts:

LOL - this phrase is used ad nauseum by everyone, including myself.  Honestly, have you ever laughed out loud to something you have seen or read?  I might have done it twice. 

Men in Press - every time I turn around there is another story in the press about men behaving badly. The latest was on Vegas mogul and chairman of the Republican Committee Steve Wynn. Well duh. It's like people are shocked over this. Or perhaps it is men who are shocked as us women have been dealing with this kind of behavior our whole lives. 

Wall of Shame - There's a Wall of Shame project that I follow on Instagram where women write their experiences of being shamed by men.  One of mine would include the time I had my broken nose examined by an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. He then directed me to the next room so he could check me for breast cancer. I was 14.  I went back many years later to find that doctor to no luck.  I think I may have broken his nose given the chance!

Time to close as my next Astaire/Rogers flick is starting! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment