Friday, January 12, 2018

Pour Paint and Plant

Been busy today cleaning, organizing, and crafting. I may even rearrange the living room as I'm feeling the ambition.

Was gifted a really cool large conch shell from Lynn for Christmas. Loving it but decided it needed a little more oomph. Decided to paint it using an acrylic pour technique, which I've never done.

First off it appeared to be a messy process so I set up a container with a wire screen on top. This way the extra paint can flow off and be caught with no mess.

I then layered a variety of about 10 paints in a plastic cup.  Started with white then added blues, teals, mango, gold, navy and black in a beach pallette.  I then tipped the cup slowly over the shell, which spilled the paint out in a fabulous design. Ended up needing more paint so prepared another cup and poured it where needed, which thankfully blended.

Right now it's drying but I love the way it turned out. I'll be adding a light to it as well. When I first tried the light in it, it was way too bright and yellow. Adding these colors should darken it up and provide quite the sculptural piece.

Hauled in from the garage a cool piece of driftwood found from Willow Grove a few months ago.  It's an interesting hollow piece of weathered lumber that I decided would make a nifty planter.

After hammering off a few wood pieces that were hampering the design, I slid in the plant. Turned out perfect. This little plant, the only live one I have, is a real trooper. I received it in 2012 when my dad passed and it has hung on despite my forgetting to water it and paying it no attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment