Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Hostess with the Mostess!

One of my favorite treats is the Suzy Q. I know, not very nutritious but damn they are good, especially frozen.

When Hostess stopped production on this delicious treat, it was a sad day. Then they brought them back! I picked up a box and alas they were a raggedy imitation of the original. Different size, dry cake, and hardly any filling. Didn't buy anymore after that because it just wasn't the same.

A couple weeks ago I ran across a box of Suzy Q's, couldn't help myself, and picked them up. Who knows - perhaps they had changed?

Well I was gobsmacked because they had indeed returned to the chocolate, creamy delight I previously knew. Just like the old recipe!

Decided to give Hostess kudos for retooling the recipe. Looked on line for the corporate contact and ran across an article that said after so much backlash they decided to return to the old recipe. Best thing they did!

Found the corporate website and sent them a congratulations thank you email expressing my gratitude that the Suzy Q had been restored to its greatness.

Yesterday received a nice thank you letter back along with a coupon for a free Hostess snack. Definitely channeled my mom in this venture as she was renown for all the letters she wrote to companies about her experiences with their products. I will think of her when I'm enjoying my free treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment