Thursday, September 6, 2018

Labor Day and Lincoln City

A runny nose and inability to sleep forced me to wake up at 4:15 this morning. Perhaps it's a sign to clean my kitchen; however, I'm taking it as a sign to update my blog!

Spent the holiday weekend with Beach Guy. Fabulous as always! One day we cruised to Tillamook to visit the cheese factory but alas the line was long so we scooted over to the Blue Heron, which was much more quaint and inviting. Sampled cheese, had lunch, and took a little brie and caraway havarti home to enjoy.


On the way home stopped at the Red Barn antique flea market. A few vendors were outside selling a variety of odds and ends. Heading inside were a couple of ladies who appeared very happy to finally see some customers.  Want a large metal belt buckle?  Knock off Hummel figurines? Plastic earrings straight out of the seventies? All that and more were available to you at the Red Barn!

Also hit the outlet malls along with downtown Lincoln City to browse. Lots of tourist crap and overpriced crusty items daring to call themselves antiques.


One night I took Beach Guy's dare and ate sushi. Never been a fan of it but trusted him to order edible items. And you know what?  It was all very tasty! I'm now a convert to sushi. My favorite dish was crunchy on the outside covered with an eel sauce. Yes - eel sauce but it was absolutely delish!


Was another memorable weekend.  Last night I celebrated my trip by washing my filthy car. Windshield was so caked it was getting hard to see through it so had no choice but to clean it.

Well, it's now 4:58am and there is still time to clean the kitchen before work so I bid adieu for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment