Sunday, November 4, 2018

Better As A Blonde 👱

Oh hair why do you torture me so?

Actually, I realize that it is me that is torturing my hair!  A few weeks ago i added in some medium beige brown streaks hoping to tone down the blonde. Well, nothing like unwrapping the towel and seeing you've become brunette! Those lowlights ended up cascading through my whole head!!

Lived with it for awhile hoping it would fade. Damn Sally's hair color was holding on like a mother though. Stopped back at Sally's yesterday to pick up some bleach to fix the problem.

Spent last night brushing blonde streaks onto my hair. Wrapped it in a Ziplock bag and spent my waiting time playing clips through my memory of all the times I've colored my hair. Orange, purple streaks, platinum blonde, gawd awful ash brown, brassy streaks - the list goes on and on.

New blonde streaks actually turned out acceptable, although a few were a bit on the orangey tone. This morning refreshed a few of the off kilter streaks, let them cook, then took a shower.  Better. I think. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.  Definitely the brightness around my face is more flattering than that brunette!



Follow up - okay the new blonde was a bit out there so I added about 5 streaks of dark blonde back into a few spots.  Mucho better! Has the streaky effect I like and muted some of those orangey pieces.

I'm now going to step away from the dye bottle!!



No comments:

Post a Comment