Tuesday, February 19, 2019

From Laundry to Lagerfeld

This waking up at 4am does have its advantages, especially when there are a ton of tasks on my to-do list.

Saturday I washed, dried, folded and put away all of my laundry. So nice to have a washer and dryer that work! Thanks to Sam for swapping his old ones with my faulty ones.  Also cleaned and mopped the laundry room as well as kitchen.


My large ottoman  in the living room needed a new throw so swung over to Joanns to see what kind of clearance fabric they had to offer. Picked up an already quilted piece of beachy fabric for 60% off along with grey fleece at 70% off then sewed up a quicky runner. Love the colors!

Dinked around town then returned home to make Korean bbq wings. Wings were thawed out so fried them up and tossed them with a homemade sauce. Yummy but very messy. Some would say finger lacking good but not me. Can't stand for my hands to feel dirty so gobbled up three wings before running to the sink to give my hands a soapy wash. Yes, a bit on the neurotic side but what can I say?? I also eat pizza with a fork! Don't be a hater now!

Saturday evening Sam stopped by and we ran over to my work to pick up a bookshelf I had snagged for free. Yesterday was spent cleaning out all of my shoes, moving a bunch to the spare bedroom, then placing my frequently worn shoes in the shelf which was placed in my closet. No more shoes pouring out of the closet, eliminating Diva's own obstacle course in my pursuit to reach the bed.


Today there was a surprise from sis Julie in the mail - my very own Mug Rug she had sewn! Awesome job plus it included Diva on it!! Thanks Jube!!

On a fashion note, news was out today that Chanel and Fendi designer Karl Lagerfeld had passed away at 85.  C'est la vie! Great designer but he always came across a bit like an arrogant, mean, judgmental asshole. May he rest in peace and that Coco Chanel puts him in his place!




No comments:

Post a Comment