Monday, June 17, 2019

Birds, Bran and Bouquets

This weekend spent some time celebrating my bird and squirrel friends in my backyard.

Saturday morning there must have been ten squirrels chasing each other acrossa the fence, jumping through the trees, and having a grand old time playing. I set out in a hanger a block of suet seed for the birds. Well those squirrels smelled it and several spent time jumping on to a tree, scouring down to the grass, and attempting to make their way to the feeder before chickening out and racing back to the tree. Looked out the window later on and one big fellow had made his way to the feeder and was sitting on it with his paws in the sticky seed as if he were King of the Hill.

Steve was visiting so I tasked him with hanging my hummingbird feeder. He screwed a piece of driftwood onto the back porch and hung the feeder from one of its branches. I've seen plenty of hummingbirds but they haven't visited the feeder yet. Should be soon!

Had an extra heavy hanging candlelabra so glued some tea cups and Pioneer Woman bowls to it.  Filled the cups with peanut butter pellets and hung it to spoil the critters. Turned out great.



Received a visit on my back porch from a young blue jay. He flew right in next to where I was sitting to chill for a bit. I know a photo op when I see one so immediately took some photos of my little friend. Looks like he was showing off a little.


Sunday morning whipped up some bran chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. Does the chocolate cancel out the bran? Or perhaps it's the other way around. Threw some still warm muffins in a basket and gave them to my next door neighbor to give to her mom. Hopefully they were enjoyed.



Steve brought me a bouquet of his mom's roses when he came to visit. Inspired me to pick a few of my newly blooming hydrangea. Pretty!




No comments:

Post a Comment