Monday, December 16, 2019

Cold, Christmas, and The Crown

It's now been a week since the Christmas Cold made its presence known.  Worked half day Monday then was off Tuesday and Wednesday as I laid in bed, doped up on cough and congestion meds. Also started watching The Crown on Netflix - so good! Love those English melodramas!


Returned to work Thursday then threw together my company party outfit for the shindig in Tacoma on Friday. Basic black witchy dress, sparkly cloak, and goofy top hat headband for the Nightmare Before Christmas themed holiday bash. Rode the party bus up with co-workers and the Portland team. Even slapped on some pink and black lip color that was supposed to stay put. It worked pretty well until after a couple of hours when it started flaking and became patchy which I'm sure was due to my cold affected, chapped lips.



Party was great - didn't win a prize but, after a week of broth and 7 Up, ventured into eating solid food. Tables were set up with a variety of options- dim sum, seafood, beef, pasta,  salads, veggies, curry, and desserts.

Back to the bus at 5pm for the commute home, which was lengthy due to Friday night traffic. Pulled in about 7pm and headed for home.

So tired fell into bed and crashed. Woke up about 10pm and immediately hit the bathroom to be sick. Ugh. Guess that dinner wasn't the best idea.

Next morning slept in a little then arose for coffee.  Marie talked me into making a big batch of banana bread to take to the annual Shepard Christmas party. Steve, smoked salmon in hand, made his annual appearance.  Marie joined us as well and she had a good time catching up with my siblings.


The food looked great but I stayed away from it for the most part. Spent about an hour tackling a piece of apple pie.

Played the gift game - ended up losing three gifts and wound up with a Do It Yourself Family Tree book.  Best Christmas present was seeing my younger sis Erin who, following stage 4 cancer diagnosis and weeks of chemo and radiation, was pronounced 100% cancer free last week!

Party over, Steve departed and I made my way to Walmart for a few groceries and Christmas shopping.

I love the Christmas season but it also gives me the blues, especially if I'm sick. Miss my departed family members and the Christmas mornings of when I was a kid. 

Here's hoping everyone's Christmas is exactly as they hope it will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment