Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Gifting Art - It's A Good Thing

Haven't seen my regular hairdresser since January. Covid hit then when salons opened up she had broken her wrist so was sidelined. Have an appointment with her tomorrow so decided to make her a Christmas gift.


Grabbed an acrylic pour painting I previously did in the summer.  Decided to top it with a hairdresser in her style - funky, colored hair, tattoo, piercings.  Finished it tonight and it turned out great if I do say so myself!  I'm going to start digging out my stack of pour paintings to add some similar oomph to them!


I currently belong to a rock painting group on Facebook.  I posted a few of my recent projects and one lady contacted me as she wanted to buy the Santa rock!  It gives me more pleasure to make someone happy than to charge so I told her to consider it a Christmas gift.  I told Sam about this and he said "Mother..if someone offers to buy something always accept."  Words of wisdom from a fellow artist who sells his work!







No comments:

Post a Comment