Thursday, December 3, 2020

June Taylor and Me

Sometimes it's hard to fall asleep. Sometimes it's hard to stay asleep. And sometimes sleep contains really bizarre dreams!


The other night my dream involved walking amongst many people. Perhaps it was in the city, in a mall, or perhaps a large function. Whereever it was, there were a ton of people. As I meandered through the crowd, people starting grabbing me saying "OMG you look just like June Taylor!"  "Has anyone said you look like June Taylor?"  Uh, nope no one has ever said that and by the way, who is June Taylor?


When I awoke from this very realistic nighttime vision of oddity, I immediately had to Google my doppelganger June Taylor. Who is she and do we look alike.


June Taylor was a dancer and choreographer who performed in France, a Chicago club, and formed her own dance troupe which performed on The Jackie Gleason Show in the 1940's.  


Are we twins? Not on your life!  Well perhaps our big smiles are similar but that's where the likeness ends. And why was June Taylor on my mind that she would peek out from the crooks and crannies of my subconscious to make an appearance in my dream?  Such are the mysteries of sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment