Saturday, December 19, 2020

Holiday Lunch with the Best!

Friday met up with most of the work team for a holiday lunch. Original plan was to meet at Twig in Vancouver; unfortunately, this restaurant was closed due to Covid restrictions.  We ended up meeting at Guadalajara in Longview, which has a heated tent outside.

Food was terrific, including their chunky guacamole, which I love. Anthony and I arrived early so we had plenty of time to gorge on the chips, salsa, bean dip, and guacamole before M.J. and Pam arrived. Danielle and Deb unable to attend and they were missed.






Delivered to a gal at one of the nearby tables was a huge bowl of soup. Looked so tasty and light I ordered it to make up for the avalanche of chips I had inhaled. Hit the spot!

Received a bottle of German Christmas wine, Glühwein, from M.J.  Think I'll test it out on Christmas Eve.

We also played the white elephant game. So much fun! I ended up with a basket stuffed with all sorts of fun, such as wine spritzers, coloring book, pens, notepads, and chocolate! The gift I brought appeared to be the big hit. Containing an ice cream maker, scoop, bowls, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries, it was stolen again and again.

The best part was being able to gift my co-workers the paintings I had created for each one. 





Loved the chicken pic so much had to paint myself a similar rock!




No comments:

Post a Comment