Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Paul Rudd No Match for Kirk

Went outside my comfort zone today.  Instead of a tried and true black and white or Hitchcock classicsok, decided to go for a modern movie from 2018 called The Catcher Was A Spy.


It starred Paul Rudd, who usually does comedy or rom-com, as Moe Berg, a baseball player who became a U.S. spy during WWII.  Based on a true story, it also starred Sienna Miller, Paul Giamatti, Guy Pearce, and Jeff Daniels.  I had great expectations for this movie.


Alas, my hopes were dashed as sarcastic, whimsical, and comical Rudd did not make me believe for one minute he was a baseball player or a spy.  I kept expecting him to utter a wisecrack or goofy comment. In one scene, he was beating up some tall, muscular dude and all I could think was "Paul Rudd would never win that fight."  Couldn't even finish the film and switched to Kirk Douglas in The Detective.


Took Friday off as Viking and I are scheduled to explore several Goodwills in Portland, Wilsonville, and Lake Oswego. And then boom!  Winter snow storm is looming and could be up to 7 inches. Viking wasn't willing to throw in the towel so if the flakes hit, he'll be picking me up in his truck and we'll return to Portland for our browsing.  Kind of him and works for me!!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment