Thursday, March 24, 2022

Health Insurance Vent

Tried to order equipment for my Cpap machine today. What a nightmare! 

Have new insurance coverage since 1/1/22 due to my company's merger with a larger company last year.  Have used the prescription benefits which worked out fine. Found out that the hospital, where I place my equipment order, does not contract with my new insurance company. WTH!  They told me to check with my carrier to verify that's the case.


Called member services and sat on hold for over 20 minutes. Hung up, went on line to the health help center chat room, sent a message, and waited over 30 minutes for a response. Nothing! It acknowledged my message and said a rep would be with me soon. Not sure what their definition of soon is but over 30 minutes does not fit the bill in my book! Exited from the site and I'll wait until tomorrow to try again!


There's been some grumbling about our new plan and now I see why!


Vent over....for now at least!




No comments:

Post a Comment