Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day Bouquet of Activity

Friday picked up a full, gorgeous, blooming hanging basket as my Mother's Day gift. Saturday morning we hung it up then refreshed the flower bed by adding my shabby chic wicker chairs, a potted azalea, and replaced the crappy outdoor lights from Harbor Freight with Dollar Tree ones as they work and last much longer. 






Manny and I left to run errands and sister Julie posts the following picture:


Huh, that looks like my place! That scamp was in town and stopped by to see me but we weren't home so she sent me this pic. As they say, pic or it didn't happen!!

Later Candy and I cruised over to Goodwill to find bargains. I ran across the following doll which appeared to be vintage. She was so cute I couldn't pass her up for $4.

Searched for details on line and discovered she is a 1950's Poland tourist doll worth $50+. Score! 





This morning rose early and created a Dollar Tree summer wreath for the front door.



Manny and I cleaned and vacuumed the car (which was filthy!), then ran it through the car wash. It's now sparkling and smells scrumptious inside.

Got home and dove into my next craft project - a mannequin gifted to me by Erin that I planned to decoupage. I ordered some vintage 4 x 6 sheets of printed paper which included music sheets, maps, advertisements, and floral sheets. Spent the afternoon modge podging a variety of sheets on to the dress form. Intend to add more items to it, including flowers I made from old books. 






So warm we decided to hit Willow Grove for a break. Too cold to swim so hung out and people watched.






Came home, ate French dip sandwiches, and shared a small cake to celebrate Mother's Day. Talked to the boys but we were unable to meet up but, based on my activities, not sure I could have fit them in my schedule.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's out there but especially to my mom in heaven. Miss you every day!! ❤️










No comments:

Post a Comment