Sunday, May 21, 2023

Weekend Crafts

Sunshine and blue skies for the majority of the weekend which is always a plus. 

Visited a thrift sale in Lexington on Saturday. Not too much but I spied some rusty metal garden art that couldn't be passed up. The seller said he had some I could have....for free! I wasted no time in grabbing a large flower, two birds, and even an octopus!  

I gave the octopus to Jordan; he added a light and placed it out front. I ended up painting my rusty pieces and placed them in the flower bed.








My next project was to paint one of Manny's old tables - a small magazine holder. I wanted to do mosaic for the top but could not find acceptable plates to break. Ended up going to Home Depot and ran across some parquet samples ....for free!  Snagged several, painted the table a bluish gray, then placed the samples on top. Voila! Instant makeover.





Picked up a $1.99 teapot at Goodwill. Added lights, hung it on a Dollar Tree stand, placed a bucket underneath and bingo! Had an outdoor yard object for little to no money.



Finished my mannequin last week. Pulled apart a rag rug banner I had previously made, restrung it on ribbon, and added it to the decoupaged lady. Pulled out some coffee filter flowers I made, dyed them red, added gold leafing, then glued to the  neck and waist. Ended up looking awesome!
 





And that's it.....for now!! 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment