Saturday, October 29, 2011

Beauty Night on Friday's Menu

I spent a leisurely Friday night getting my hair trimmed before hitting Rite Aid to browse the makeup and hair aisles.  Although it was a draining Friday after a long week, the 18-year old receptionist at the hair salon made my day.  We were talking about her high school, my alma mater, and how I had spent some time performing mock interviews there for several years.  She said most of the interviewers were old, "not young like you."  Oh how I loved her for that comment!!

On to Rite Aid - for some reason this store always has the newest makeup; it's higher priced, but you can usually score it on sale.  I had to buy some new face powder - I think I have 3-4 face powders that were just not working due to being either too dark or too light.  I was tired of running around with a dark line around my face or appearing geisha-like so I needed to grab something that better matches my complexion.
Rite Aid Bonanza

I ended up purchasing Cover Girl powder, L'Oreal Million lashes mascara and Hip eyeshadow (buy one, get one 50% off), and Organix Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner (buy one, get one free), which smells positively orgasmic!!  I'm anxious to try the mascara today to see if it pans out; I currently use the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara but it gets a little clumpy.

Once home, I spent the evening watching the Project Runway finale from On Demand (I just knew Anya was going to win!), reading my new Allure magazine, and painting my nails.  I decided to try the au current trend for nails - different colored polish for each nail.  I used pink, red, and light pink.  Aren't they fab?

I also learned from my trusty Allure mag a couple of tips from hairstylist Garren:

1.  Viviscal is the secret vitamin that makes your hair grow faster.  I'm trying to grow out my blond mop so I'll be picking some of this up in the near future.  Here's a Viviscal link to Finola Hughes extolling it's virtues.

2.  Garren says don't apply conditioner to your hair without rinsing it out.  A lot of times, due to my coarse and thick hair, I would spread an extra drop of conditioner on to my locks before I got out of the shower.  Garren says this will only make your hair drier.  Hmmmm...interesting concept!

Along with texting my BFF and beau, that was it for my Friday night!!!

Tres chic nails!



No comments:

Post a Comment