Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Terrible Tortoise Torture

My first indication the turtle
was not a good idea!
Yesterday was cold.  As I browsed my closet, I happened upon this beautiful purple turtleneck sweater that I hadn't worn in ages.  It looked so warm and cuddly that I decided to wear it to work.  Uh oh....not a good decision! 

It was during my commute that I realized why I hadn't worn the sweater in so long.....it eats me.  Seriously, the turtle slowly climbs its way up my neck and begins devouring my head.  It was the tortoise from hell!!  Wearing that sweater was akin to wearing a bra that has been forgotten; you put it on, then spend the whole day rearranging your boobage because it pinches, it pulls, and just doesn't fit correctly.  Sheer torture!!!

My neck is far from lengthy and swan-like, but this was taking it too far!  I spent the day tugging at the sweater, pulling it, pushing it, shoving it, folding it, and trying to be oh so creative in order to solve the problem of it eating me alive!  Alas, I had to give in to my circumstances and make light of the whole situation just to survive my fashion faux pas.

The only thing that kept me going during the day was the thought of stripping that friggin sweater off after work.  I couldn't run to my room fast enough; my neck was sweaty, my hair was unkempt, but the relief I felt after stripping myself of that turtle was pure bliss!

Turtleneck sweater anyone?  Free to anyone with a six-foot neck!!

How may I help you?

Doing the burka!

No comments:

Post a Comment