Monday, October 31, 2011

Highlights of Halloween 2011

Well, we hit 400 trick or treaters and the candy was gone, including my hidden stash of Baby Ruth and Butterfingers!   Even after I shut off the porch lights and put a sign on the door, they still kept knocking!  My street was packed - lined with cars, numerous kids, big and small, jaywalking across the road.  I'm assuming this was all due to it being a dry, but cold, night.  I especially loved the babies, swaddled in their fluffy costumes, sleeping while the parents continued to trick or treat.  We all know those babes with no teeth wouldn't be biting into the Butterfinger I passed along to their bag!  No wonder I ran out of candy so quickly!! 

The popular costumes this year were Snookie from Jersey Shore, Spiderman, and the everlasting mask from Scream.  I'm a little bothered by several of the teenage chicks who were sporting the bosom-baring outfits that may have come from Playboy.com.  It seemed they would be hitting the nearest meat market bar after picking up their treats from the neighbors.

The one thing I know is true....everyone loves getting their picture taken!  Even the smallest ones were striking a pose.  It's odd that not one parent asked me why I was taking pictures.....several kids and adults said "this must be for Facebook!"  Nope, it's simply for this Diva's personal entertainment, as well as fodder for the blog!


 
Sam and his crew


No comments:

Post a Comment