Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy 80th Mom!

Happy 80th Birthday Mom!  It's been 15 years since you've been gone but I think of you every day.  When people ask me to describe my mother, a lot of adjectives come to mind:

Beautiful;
Mother of 7, including two sets of twins;
Artistic;
Fabulous singer;
Funny;
Goofy;
Eclectic;
Loved her children equally and without judgment;
Roller-skated to work;
Educated;
Petey the dog and Anatole the cat;
Clutter;
Able to do 1,000 things with a wire hanger;
Potato candy;
Sky diver;
Hair dye;
Grasshoppers and Mickeys beer;
Crazy Christmas tree;
Mandarin orange at the end of my Christmas stocking;
Missed like crazy!

I could go on and on.  Thanks for watching over me - I can still feel your presence and I'm proud to say you were my Mom!!  I love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Alicia!!! also the wet wash rag in the plastic bag for trips. I know we got our ability to dream from mom!! I miss her so much, and hope she would be proud of the life I built!! aaahhhh grasshoppers.. I miss those, and the cookie dough she thought she could hide from us as kids in the freezer in the garage.. like yeah right!!!xoxoxo Eilene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Alicia, this was nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete