Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Diva Lynn!!!


We met in middle school
With me in overalls and you
in long feathered hair

You taught me about makeup
With you an only child I taught you about siblings
Every time you visited my house

The boys we dated and the drinks we scored
Remember that first bottle of wine
And later slow gin by Pietros?

You got that car so we spent our time
Cruising on Commerce and during breaks
Hitting up Jack in the Box for tacos

Pat Benatar was your music of choice
While I listened to Rush of all things
Along with Barbara Streisand

When high school was finished
You continued working while I went to school
Pursuing our dreams but keeping in touch

We had our tiffs, our blowups and fights
But this never stopped our dedication
To being best friends

As luck would have it you married my brother
At last, not only were you my best friend
But now you were officially my sister

Our boys are only 4 days apart
Divine intervention or God’s will at work
Too much of a coincidence to think otherwise

You’ve listened to me laugh about single life
And comforted me when I cried over
The sadness of divorce

You are the salty and I am the sweet
Chips and dip to my cinnamon rolls
With a shared love of high heels

We’ve been best friends now for 34 years
And I celebrate the anniversary of your birth
Because it was the luckiest day of my life

Enjoy your birthday my kindred spirit
I love you and remember to keep this in mind
We still have two years before we are 50!!



No comments:

Post a Comment